Friday, February 20, 2009

Wild Beasts Win My Heart Forever

Went to Audio to see Wild Beasts play. Without a doubt one of the best shows I've seen in AGES, Wild Beasts being one of the best live bands I've seen, and I've seen lots! What a night it was, SO FULL OF WEIRDNESS! Amazingly weird. And the music was just spectacular! I loved it!





First was Le Band Extaordinaire, a band with lots of instruments going on. They were really different... multiple percussion going on, multiple horns/flutes/whatever, guitars, all kinds of fun! They were really entertaining, and good musicians.




Next was Napoleon IIIrd, and let me say: this guy was INSANE. IN SUCH AN AMAZING WAY! He sets up on stage and it's just him and two tape machines, a few synthesizers and pedals and a horn and a bunch of random stuff and his guitar. And he just made the craziest music but it was great! It was soooooooooooooo cool to watch, I wish everyone I know who likes weird music could have seen it! It was like watching him create the music as he went, recording his voice and doubling it over, adding layer upon layer, SO COOL. But yeah I think he may actually be insane. He was one of those people who when they perform their eyes go back in their head...kinda creepy.





Wild Beasts WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! And sooooooo perfectly weird! Man oh man they just sealed the deal tonight. They played a ton of new stuff which was really really great, their new album will definitely be incredible! Yeah I just can't even describe how great I thought they were. They were on top of their game, they sounded amazing -- just like on the album but better (and I'm not just saying that, I really mean it)! Ugh, so much fun! The drumming was perfect too. Everything was. I can't wait till they do another tour and I can see them again!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your blog is awesome, introducing new music and stuffs. ;D