Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tourist Time!

This has been a great weekend full of fun! Friday involved going to the cutest, oldest, Leaky-Cauldron-but-tinier-est pub with Jenny and Ramzy and then over to Millie's where we had a great time and lots of delicious food with wonderful people!

Saturday was also super fun and we went to go see Ally's friends band, Smokey Bastard play in the pub literally 20 steps away from our dorm. They were great and reminded me of the music my friends from home like a lot, folk-punk-Irish stuff.

Today Jenny and I went on a day trip to Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, and Bath! It was a good long day of exploring!


Salisbury Cathedral was reaaaaaaally big and gorgeous. Our funny man tour guide Gerry told us really interesting info about it. It's the tallest spire in England at 440 feet, and also they had to move the cathedral and usually it takes 500 years (!!!!!) to build one but since they were moving it it only took 38 years (still !!!!!).



Stonehenge was COOL DUDE! Actually I'm not going to lie, I was reallllllly scared kinda because on the way there Gerry told us all that the area of Salisbury where Stonehenge is is INCREDIBLY FULL OF PARANORMAL STUFF! And if you know me at all you know my number one fears are Aliens, ghosts, and angels. SCARY STUFF! He said it's the area with the most U.F.O. sightings in all of the UK, and that there are crop circles there all the time! So what can I say, I was freaked out! But it was absolutely fascinating and I am really glad I got to see it for my self!



Bath. Is. GORGEOUS. The Roman bath houses are incredibly beautiful and old and the colors just look so pretty and nice together. It was really cool because the water is so hot that it steams! You aren't supposed to touch the water buttttttttt Jenny and I couldn't help ourselves and we stuck our fingers in and it was so nice and warm, especially on our cold rainy day! We took the funniest picture ever, and walked around and explored the awesomeness of Bath and the bath houses.

Shaping up to be another good week, but now I have a hugeeeeeee project to work on but I AM PUMPED! It's gonna be great!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This is my favorite blog so far. Excellently written and super-interesting! Glad you're having a great time! Stonehenge freaked me out, too!