Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flatmates and Fun!

Well today didn't turn out as planned but that is a very good thing because I had a great day!

I had planned on being all studious and getting the TON of work I have to do so that I could fully enjoy my time in London tomorrow and just generally get stuff done and feel good. Instead I woke up late.

After waking up nice and late I wasted some time and then went grocery shopping and when I came back to the apartment to put my stuff away in the kitchen and my flatmate's boyfriend Neil was in there, and he is so super nice and friendly so I was talking to him for quite a while and then one of my actual faltmates Dom came in and joined us and then a while later my flatmate Mel who is the guy's girlfriend came in and we were having a nice good old time talking and then we decided to go out for a fun night of dinner and a movie and the pub!

So later that night the four of us and Jenny went out to this nice Italian restaurant that I think was called Donatello's or something. I had the most delicious pizza margherita! And they are always so cheap here, yummmm! Oh and Neil was kind enough to pay for a drink for each of us which was really sweet! Seriously everyone in England is SO NICE! We had a great time talking about horror movies and all kinds of stuff. It was really nice to go out with my flatmates because although I've talked to them a few times and stuff I haven't really had the opportunity to actually hag out with them! Yay they are so nice :)

After that we ventured off to the movie theater! And after a lot of confusion and indecisiveness we settled on seeing Underworld 3: Legion of Lycons or some title like that, haha. But we had an hour to kill so we went to a pub and sat around and thought we saw famous people but we didn't really. So in an hour we went to the movie, and let's just day I will never look at that guy from Love Actually the same way again. But hey, it was entertaining and I had a great time.

On the walk home we saw lots of drunk girls getting arrested, a Cristiano Ronaldo look-a-like, paramedics, crazy looking club goers with their butts hanging out, and all kinds of wacky stuff. OH, Brighton!

LONDON TOMORROW!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sounds like my sort of day out