Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fireworks at Lake Michigan








This morning I was feeling a little homesick. And what I do when I feel homesick is stare at google street view for hours. And watch the "Homecoming" video on repeat for hours. And stare at MCAD's flickr for hours. Actually even though I was feeling down and homesick and whiney like a dumb baby, I just listened to homecoming a few times and didn't even get to wallow over street view or flickr because I had a very busy day today! OVER IT!

I learned how to letterpress today which I was really looking forward to. And mannnnnnnnnn oh man is it COMPLICATED! I thought it'd be a breeze. Little did I know there is a lot of math involved. It's like a giant confusing puzzle. But it's fun and it's so satisfying to see the results in the end. Jenny, Ramzy, and I spent hours getting our induction and then creating out page and printing and we have to go back in again tomorrow to finish our second color. Good thing it's fun!

Um other than that I worked at school for a few hours finishing a typography project that I'll have to print before critique tomorrow morning. And then I went home and immediately went grocery shopping before the store closed at 9. And it was actually really nice because on my way walking back I ran into a friend who I have only met once before over a week ago and as soon as he saw me he was like "Julieeeee!" and stopped to talk for a minute or two which was lovely and nice! I love it when you find out people remember you when you don't expect them to. So yeah that was fun :)

Ok enough about my boring day.

4 comments:

Alice Pattullo said...

homecoming. brilliant haha...i got obsessed with that video the night before i went to chicago....YOUR SO LUCKY IT IS YOUR HOME!hope your not too homesick!xx

nancynago said...

Both you and Jenny have posts about the Midwest. Now I know you are new to this whole blog thing (Jenny really should know better) but they are sort of meant to be fairly contemporary... I don't mean modern, so much as, relevant to these past couple days. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but during these past couple days, you've been nowhere near the midwest. So I suppose I'm just a little confused as to why... when I come to a blog I expected to be transported overseas (virtually of course). But instead I got a little car ride north. I guess what I'm saying is, can I have my money back?

Natalie said...

Wow. You are officially my new hero.

That is all.






Actually, that is not all. I miss you.

nancynago said...

i'm sorry, that might have been a little excessive